From the very beginning, Cordova Neighborhood Church has been about caring for our neighborhood and beyond.
In 1955, Pastor and Mrs. Samuel E. Rudat founded our church as they caught God’s vision to minister to the then new community of Rancho Cordova. The church first met in the Rudat’s home, then at several local business locations until moving to our present site in 1960.
In 1977, the congregation welcomed Pastor and Mrs. James Voss. As the church family grew, it became apparent that we needed more space. In 1984 our new sanctuary was completed to God’s glory. Volunteers did most of the construction work.
At that time were were able to open our doors to a group of Hmong from Laos, who had immigrated to this area. In 1985 they established their own congregation and continued to share our facility until April, 1994 when they purchased their own building.
In November 1990, Pastor Mike Mitchum and his wife Robin and two children came to us from Piedmont, California. Pastor Mike’s been very involved in the community, serving in official capacities as well as reaching out to individuals in need.
Pastor Mike’s insight into our community and its needs brought about the implementation of target ministries. Though target ministries, we are able to reach out and minister to our neighborhood while addressing their needs. Ministries that have come out of this effort are Neighborhood Meals, Big Kids Club, Respite Club and more. These efforts have built a strong foundation for our growing church.
In November 1999, we bought the property adjacent to the church with a dream of building a multi-use facility to enhance our ministry to families, seniors and especially youth.