By Youth Pastor Bryce Cooley
It’s January again and time for Winter Camp 2010 at Cordova Neighborhood Church! As usual, camp will be held at Diamond Arrow Christian Conference Ground in Nevada City, CA (see map below). However we are changing quite a few things around this year at camp and that is getting me very excited![mappress]
Optional Snowtrip – Instead of being mandatory, students can opt-out of our snow trip in order to save a little money! Those who do not go to the snow will have the opportunity to relax or play group activities that we will have planned for the day of Saturday, January 30.
We are getting T-Shirts! For the first time in Winter Camp history, we will have our own tailor made T-shirts with a cool design. They will only costs the students $5.00 (which is included in the overall cost of camp). This way students can remember camp long after we have gone home!
We are even re-thinking the way the messages are being delivered and some of our activities are going parallel our discussions. Fritz has come up with a very cool theme for this year’s camp, “Head, Hands, Hearts (Total Body Fitness).” This theme brings with it the idea that our knowledge and understanding of God leads us to serving others in His name which in turn deepens our love for Him. I am very excited to interact with students in this new way. We are also including some solo devotional time, small group discussions and more!
The cost of camp is as follows:
- With snow trip: $135 (includes rentals, lift tickets, transportation, lodging, t-shirts, food, games)
- Without snow trip: $105 (transportation, lodging, t-shirts, food, games)
In order for our students to raise this money we are attempting to do three fundraisers in January. The goal of these fundraisers is to provide services to our church and our community. The fundraisers include:
- Christmas Tree Haulaway / Christmas Light takedown service from 10:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. on Saturday, January 2 Call Bryce at 916-719-8074 to sign up.
- A Christian Rock Concert open to the community from 7:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. on Friday, January 15 If you are interested in volunteering, call Bryce at 916-719-8074.
- New Years Bake Sale This will be on January 17 before, during and after church. If you wish to donate food please bring your goodies by 9:00 a.m. the day of the bake sale.
We know times are tight financially but we are trusting God to provide so His children can draw closer to Him at Winter Camp this year. Thank you in advance for all of your support.