Q: What is the best thing you’ve received from the material?
- Advice to take scripture at face value and in context This may seem like common sense but to me it really wasn’t. My idea of the Bible as God-breathed and God’s way of communicating to us made me always search for a personal interpretation when I was exposed to the Word. Now when Scripture is quoted, I try and seek the larger context.
Q: What is the best thing about being in a group?
- Study with others I am able to study the word regularly with a group of fellow learners. We can share and bounce ideas off each other that leads to further interest and study as well as context for how all of this pertains to our lives here and now.
- People to hold me accountable and to support me I now have a group of Christians who not only holds me accountable to keep up with my study and live by the Word but holds me up when I need the support, in prayer, and in Biblically rooted advice.
- Close-knit extended family I truly have more brothers and sisters in Christ in the truest of senses. Part of this closeness has been born of sharing our feelings and experiences about our walk.
Q: What is the best thing about being a host?
- Reassurance that you don’t have to have all the answers I don’t feel knowledgeable enough to teach about the Word, but with Multiply I don’t have to be a teacher to host. Instead I see myself as a fellow student in the group of learners, that is my small group.
- Opportunities to practice the Word I am able to open my home and be a gracious host to those that oftentimes really need it. I have gotten to extend grace, tried to facilitate reconciliation and have also had to ask for forgiveness. Our group at times has been messy, because we are all people who fall short of God’s glory. But those trying times have been most impactful for me because I truly got to apply many of God’s teachings on how we should live, act and conduct ourselves, and even when that brings me to repentance for my mistakes, I feel much closer to my Heavenly Father.
Q: Do you have any suggestions for others?
I suggest that everyone host a group, but if not that, at least join one. It has been really life changing in a very uplifting way, and has really made me understand why God created the church for us. Church is a small group of Believers living and learning together in God’s love and grace.